Monday, November 14, 2011

Week 1 - AFDs

Ok, my 'training' week has always run from Monday to Sunday - mostly to get the long run done just in time for the weekly total (those were the days). My AFD count started on Day 2 and I'd already confessed to two ADs. So, four AFDs isn't so bad as it means the only other alcohol was on Thursday evening when Mike and I had dinner at our 'local'. I resisted the offer of a glass of wine when I visited little bruv's girlfriend to collect my post. We had a very lovely evening catching up over coffee.

On Sunday, and this may or may not be related, I weighed myself. I had decided to try and regain some sort of control over my body in June, coinciding with the beginning of London Cycle Challenge*. It started slowly and I didn't do a huge amount of pedalling during the challenge but got on the bike each week and slowly built up. I decided to take up cycling to the station and while it was nice and sunny (both those days), I would add extra miles to the journey home by taking various routes through Richmond Park. Now it's dark again but I'm still cycling to the station and around and about at the weekend. With exercise back in the regime and not much change to the eating habits, although the refurbishment of the cafe at work prompted me back into taking my own sandwiches to work, I have lost at least a stone. "What do you mean at least?" I hear you say. Well, the thing is, when I get extra lardy I don't weigh myself because I don't want to know how bad it has got. I know. My clothes don't fit. I wobble. I know that I had lost some weight before I got back on the scales.

I really don't do dieting, I do exercise. Which means there's another stone of exercise to be done before I get back to where I had settled for a few years before all this injury, broken arms, dodgy back etc, took over. I'll let you know when I get there. It's a gradual journey, so I don't know when it will be.

*Day 1 of London Cycle Challenge 2010 was when I suffered a fracture dislocation of the left elbow. Nasty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Little Bruv's girlfriend enjoyed the catchup over coffee too :0)