Friday, March 21, 2008

Oh wow















That was amazing!!!!! I went to see The Cure at Wembley last night. The tickets went on sale at the end of September so it's been a long time coming. I'd seen them twice before (late 90s I think) and so I knew what to expect. What I hadn't done was to check how the tour was going. So I didn't know that they were going to play a 3+ hour set! The whole thing was brilliant and as they carried on past the normal Wembley curfew of 11pm I was starting to wonder if they weren't just going to play their whole repertoire! I found this set-list on t'internet. I'm pretty sure there was a fourth encore as I'm sure they didn't finish on 'Killing an Arab'.

Main Set:
Plainsong, Prayers For Rain, A Strange Day, alt.end, A Night Like This, The End of the World, Lovesong, To Wish Impossible Things, Pictures of You, Lullaby, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, Hot Hot Hot, Please Project, The Walk, Push, Friday I'm In Love, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, Primary, A Boy I Never Knew, Shake Dog Shake, Never Enough, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, Disintegration.

Encore 1:
At Night, M, Play For Today, A Forest.

Encore 2:
The Lovecats, Let's Go to Bed, Freak Show, Close to Me, Why Can't I Be You?

Encore 3:
Three Imaginary Boys, Fire In Cairo, Boys Don't Cry, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Grinding Halt, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing an Arab.

If you're a Cure fan, you'll see there's a lot of the old stuff in there. I don't know what my favourite number was but A Forest always sends shivers down my spine, and this was no different - the crowd clapping along in time to the bass at the end. 'Push' and 'Inbetween Days' split only by 'Friday I'm in Love' was amazing. My face was aching by the end from smiling all evening.

Some pictures.

A preview.

A review.

And another.

3 comments:

beanz said...

I'll have to get out the CD and listen again now.

How's the job going?

womble said...

"...the CD..."

[looks at heap of Cure CDs and wonders which one]

beanz said...

Greatest Hits of course - had to buy one when you kept quoting lyrics