Wednesday, June 21, 2006

This man is a genius

I know I've mentioned Jamie's blog before, but I'm not ashamed to mention it again. Here is one of his latest poems:

Just another day at the office

I work in a bloody office
Daily nine to five
Sometimes I scratch my head and pinch myself
Just making sure I’m that I’m very much alive.
I’m not bored just seeming less with everything I do
And I do begin to wonder
Am I living life’s big dream?
Is this all there is?
And should I do something new?
These are not the only things that weigh heavy on my mind
But when I’m leaving work
I’m never feeling right I find
So tomorrow might begin a brand new day
In my office chair
And I sit beside the window and outward I always stare.
But when my skills shine on what I do
An inner glow alights
So the days I’m feeling low
Just thinking happy thoughts
Helps me sleep at nights


And when you read his profile, and understand what he's been through and continues to go through, yes you feel grateful for your privileged lifestyle. I know I do.

5 comments:

beanz said...

thanks for reminding me about Jamie - I changed browser a bit ago and am building up the favourites again

so I haven't dipped in there for a bit
x

Cath Delaney said...

I know what you mean - but also sometimes, I wish I had other people's problems. I know that sounds a bit defeatist and a bit 'woe-is-me' but (shrug) sometimes I find that life is just harsh.

womble said...

Harsh, you think this is harsh.... when I were a lass......

I know where you're coming from, Cath. It's just poor Jamie, he doesn't have much and a week or two back he was burgled for something like the fourth time. He's pulled himself up from the gutter but still can't live a decent life. And his chance of being re-housed somewhere nicer? Fek all :-(

womble said...

A work colleague of mine has just had her first baby. A time of joy you'd think and yes, it has been. However, there has been so much pain and sorrow too.

http://www.34bc.com/blog/

I sit here this morning with my two steadfastly asleep at 11.25 on a Saturday morning and I have to smile.

jamiemccoy said...

thanks for the tag genius but i am afrad its a bit too much as i am just an ordiairy fellow who has had a few years rough and now i'm somewhere near beiong normal as some people would say but its nice to know that people like my poetry